Topic

Finally! Took me a whole year, but I just finished Sweden’s Bohusleden in section hikes!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Finally! Took me a whole year, but I just finished Sweden’s Bohusleden in section hikes!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Locale: Scandinavia

I know that this is no big deal to all you triple crowners and thru-hikers, but I am feeling just a bit proud of finishing my first long trail. I wish I could have thru-hiked it, but as a proud father, section hikes were the solution, and in the end I feel good and think things turned out great. Did the whole thing UL (and sometimes SUL) and was very happy with my gear lists. Next up: doing Kungsleden in section hikes (hopefully in only 3 or 4 longer ones), and I plan on writing a guide to that trail as well.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy it and always welcome feedback, questions, constructive criticism, etc. :)

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2012/08/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-introduction.html

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Nice reports, they help give the flavor of the different stages of the trial. Thanks, Cesar.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Cesar, you set your sights on finishing a goal and that's an excellent accomplishment. There will always be someone's who hiked farther, gone faster, done it more efficiently, etc etc etc so be glad in your accomplishment. Cheers and congratulations.

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Locale: Scandinavia

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys, and sorry it took me so long to reply, been really busy.

I wrote up an epilogue to the trail a few weeks ago to cap things off, and includes a plan on how I would do things if/when I thru hike the trial:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/10/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-epilogue.html

I have still been obsessing over Kungsleden, and can't wait to get up north–hopefully as soon as next spring.

Please if anyone ever plans on hiking (or has already hiked) Bohusleden, let me know! It would be cool to help out if I can or just discuss things and see other pictures and such. So far I have only met a few people that claim to have hiked the whole thing, and that was just in passing on the trail.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools