Topic

mld spirit38 as an U/Q

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping mld spirit38 as an U/Q

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

does anyone out there use one of these as an under quilt? or would i be better to get a purpose made hammock u/q, maybe in 3/4 length?

the thing is, i have katabatic top bag, and an mld spirit38 quilt that i use on different outings while ground sleeping, depending on the trip. i have a warbonnet hammock on the way, and was looking to utilize the gear i already have and was wondering how well this would work.

thanks for any advice.

b w j

Chris Valery
    BPL Member

@fortran42

Locale: Western North Carolina

I see the Spirit has corner pulls for use as UQ But no Side channels for shock cords…at 15-18oz it will likely sag in the center without full length channels down the sides…That said give it a try first and see…Torso length UQs work ok W/O side channels as long as they are under 1 LB..beyond that they tend to sag a bit.

b willi jones
    BPL Member

@mrjones

Locale: best place in the world !?

thanks for the reply… i have since ordered a synthetic u/q from Enlightened Equipment, which will leave me with synthetic/down options for the top quilt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools