Topic

Replacement for Inov8 FlyRoc 310

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Replacement for Inov8 FlyRoc 310

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Dahl

@brendan-dahl

I recently went to replace my FlyRoc 310, but learned they had been discontinued. From advice from Inov8 I bought some Roclite 315's since they are suppose to be similar. I've now put about 80 miles on them and am not happy with them. I find the aggressive tread and material to be almost too soft and feels somewhat unstable. I've also feel like my ankles are rolling in more than usual.

Any old FlyRoc 310 user's have recommendations for a replacement shoe (not the roclite 315)?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I like the model 330.

–B.G.–

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

The closest I found was the RocLite 295… but after 7 years of using the Flyroc-310, thinking I would never find a shoe I liked better I happily made the switch to the TrailRoc series. For the 245 and ultimately the 150, though these days I am much more frequently wearing a pair of five fingers if it's in the back country or I am doing a long run.

–mark

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

RocLite 295 for me too. However these have also recently been changed and some report that they aren't as grippy in the wet as they used to be. I would also look at the TrailRoc series as Mark suggested. Again the grip on wet rock isn't meant to be that great, but this isn't an issue for everyone. Apart from that they look like a great hiking shoe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools