I'm still fairly new to posting, although I've been lurking on, and learning from BPL for a while now!
I love hiking with an umbrella – something about not having to wear a hooded tightly enclosed jacket is worth the weight/hassle of having an umbrella above my heavy.
So I was thinking that as supplementary gear to hiking with an umbrella, what about a rain apron? Just like your kitchen apron, although maybe with a larger surface area for the chest.
When hiking, your back is already covered by a backpack. An apron would be a light-weight shield for both rain and wind hitting your torso and upper legs, but would still be vented enough that it could be made out of something like silnylon and be ok.
Has anyone used anything like this?


No problems with clamminess on a 55 degree windless, drizzly day walking out of Olympic National Park. My hiking buddy had to remove his clammy heavy, side-zip rain pants.
