This summer in late July, I was testing my new Neo Xtherm in the Colorado Rockies. Lows were around the high 30s-low 40s. Using my ZPacks 20 bag, I noticed that I often got way too warm. I'm normally a cold sleeper and have often been freezing cold with my BA Insulated Air Core and a 32 degree bag. When I was camped in the San Juans with temps likely in the high 30s I had to ditch my baselayers and sleep in my underwear and a short-sleeve synthetic tee for a while. I even had my bag unzipped. I did have some altitude sickness at the time, I'm not sure if my elevated heart rate was a contributing factor, but I was wondering if perhaps the Xtherm can be too warm for summer use? Should I stick with an Exped UL Synmat or the Neo Air Xlite?
I was hoping the Xtherm would be a do-it-all year round pad for me. Curious if others have had similar experiences. Another downer–the Xtherm seemed to leak air from the first night out. I was using a GG thinlight 1/8" underneath my torso to prevent punctures.

