Topic

1 cup boiling kit

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Velimir Kemec BPL Member
PostedOct 12, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Hi,
after I've read some MYOG threads on water boiling kits here at BPL (thank you all who shared their ideas) I wanted to make my own from trash only. The result is nice and compact 1 cup water boiling kit.Boiling kit

I wouldn't want to trash here with all the details but if you guys/girls find some extra time I welcome you to read more about it at my blog page: http://sunnysideofthealps.blogspot.com/
I am sure there's lots to improve so please tell me what you think. Thanks!

Regards!

Dan Yeruski BPL Member
PostedOct 13, 2013 at 7:49 pm

It's the best way to arrive at a stove. Make it your self with found items. Looks well made and well thought out. Bail handles are the best way to go for DIY. Thanks for sharing your kit :-)

PostedOct 13, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I enjoyed reading the blog and appreciate your mindset in planning this project.

How is the pot stand secure when supporting the pot? Do you plant the legs in the ground or are they tied together?

Velimir Kemec BPL Member
PostedOct 14, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hi,


@Steven
: Thank you very much for you kind words!


@C
B: Glad you like it and no problem with sharing! I've learnt so much on these forums it
would be sad no to share the idea. Thanks!


@Dan
: Thank you for looking at it. It's always nice to hear back from DIY expert and stove master like you. Your input on these forums is priceless!

@Gerald L: Thank you for taking time going thru blog pages. It's nice to see trash being used again:) The legs are just one continous lenght of weld wire bent into tripod. They are very strong for how thinn they look at the picture. I did same with wire coathager but the wire was to heavy and to stiff for easy bending.

Would any of you do any mods? I was thinking to cut the inner circle on PE plastic lid to cut more weight but the damage that can be made to the ALU pot lid made me change my mind. I hate when the lid doesn't "sit" nice.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...