Topic

+1 to everyone in this forum

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Jason Johnson BPL Member
PostedOct 11, 2013 at 6:37 am

I just started backpacking a year ago, I have learned more from this site than any kind of research on the net. I have asked some real newb questions and have never been talked down to or made to feel like the idiot that I am in the arena of UL Backpacking. I have had all questions answered…even had lunchANDYnner make a custom video showing his quilt strap system and uploading to Youtube. This site and its members are awesome. Have a great weekend.

Etex9799

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedOct 11, 2013 at 6:52 am

what???

I always thought this was a site inhabited by trolls that exploit any statement that could possibly be interpretted as stupid : )

PostedOct 11, 2013 at 7:00 am

For being part of the community! This place is great. Went on our first backpacking trip to the Olympic coast a few years ago with a 40 pound/70 liter pack for an overnight and carrying a bear keg in hand. Took some time off, started up again once I joined this community and had more spending money and now I carry less than 20-25 lbs total in a frameless pack for weekend/multi-night trips thanks to BPL.

PostedOct 11, 2013 at 7:03 am

Jerry, that was a total idiotic thing to say, and frankly, I take issue with everything you said in that post. Obviously you are a woman-hating troll.

;)

Andy I couldn't agrees with you more. This place is an awesome place to learn…and to spend (waste?) time when I can't be on the trail.

John Myers BPL Member
PostedOct 11, 2013 at 7:12 am

I agree!
Glad this site has helped. It sure has helped me lighten my pack (and my WALLET).

Oh, and even trolls like to lighten their loads. :)

PostedOct 11, 2013 at 9:45 am

Nice thoughts to share. If you're looking for some sites where you will be made to feel like an idiot just let me know, plenty out there to point you to.

Do you have a link/URL to that YouTube video?

PostedOct 11, 2013 at 3:59 pm

You guys never listen to me when I try to tell you how right I am!

I kid.

Andy is A+++

PostedOct 12, 2013 at 5:21 am

Jason, I agree. I've only been backpacking for 3 years now,(I'm 58) and fortunately a friend steered me here and to Hammock Forums early on. I spent almost a year researching gear(yes I'm one of those people) and getting advise and I when I did spend money, I spent it wisely and didn't end up with gear I'd replace over and over until I got it right.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...