Topic

Fall in the Park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Fall in the Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

A wonderful trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. I again assisted Andrew Skurka.

Trip report here…

East Inlet

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

It's a beautiful place, especially in the fall. Thanks for sharing the experience, Paul!

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

Thanks for sharing.

Curious what shelters your group used?

Next year I am finally going to get out to the mountains for some hiking during the fall color change. I heard that this year was a little later than normal for the change around your area. Do you think this is accurate? I was looking around Sept 24th for a target. Do you have any thoughts if that is about right or too soon for the average fall colors?

Thanks

Ben

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

All depends on the year (drought? precip?), elevation, etc.

The recent rain we had is making some AWESOME color at the lower elevations rights now, for example.

When I was married last year on sept 22nd, we had our wedding and camping at ~9500' ft and the aspen were at peak.

So, overall Sept 24th would work. But, again, all depends on the year. :)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Nice pictures of the Moose. How far away were they when you took that picture?

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

I was not that close, really. But I do pack in a 250mm lens that helps. :)

I forgot to answer the shelter question: hammock, tarp, Gateood cape, Shangri la,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools