Topic

Any alpine light parkas?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Any alpine light parkas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Locale: asheville nc

Anybody got a line on any used or discounted montbell alpine line down parka's in medium? I've even watching all the discount places I know of and haven't seen a medium pop ups thanks

Paul Andronico
    BPL Member

@jakesandwich

Locale: Lake Tahoe
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Montbell has some in medium under the web specials for $150

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Thanks for all the replies! Now I'm in love with that dark blue, thinking ll hold out for one in a medium

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

They don't restock the web specials like normal inventory, it's last year's (or older) models that they are clearing inventory. So basically you won't find a dark blue for another year most likely at that price.

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Bummer but good to know, another discount site should I monitor other than moosejaw,backcountry,stp,departmentofgoods,campsaver? That all the ones I usually watch

Aubrey W. Bogard
    BPL Member

@bogardaw

Locale: TX

Finding a deal on a medium outside of MontBell's web specials may be tough. You could post a WTB in the Gear Swap. Note, however, that the 2013 Fall line has not been out very long, and the fabric is 20d instead of 30d like past years (lighter by ~1.4oz).

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

FYI The price is down to $119.40 via the link above now.

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Good idea! I think I will do that. Do you think a large would be to big for a male 6'1" 150lbs?

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I am 5' 11" and 160 lbs and the medium fits (barely). Large should be perfect on you.

cody yochum
    Spectator

@uclacody0908

Locale: Nor Cal

Montbell sizes run a little small and are athletic. Im 5'11" 160lb and have an alpine light in medium the waist is a little short so like when I raise my arms it comes up, but I can deal with it. I have a tachyon in large and the fit is perfect.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Just get it in black and be done with it already.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools