Topic

Western States 100

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Western States 100

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

The Western states 100 run is this weekend. I know of at least a few poster that will competing in the race.

Good luck to everyone and to those who have graciously offered to help.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

I'm just adding to this since it did not get any replies. No need to start another post.

Anyone have their new issue of Trail Runner magazine?
    They are offering an online copy, (and the last 26 back copies) to subscribers.

Man my bottom is going to be sore for a while with this…

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

First, Oregon State wins the College World Series and now—Hah! My local running shoe purveyor won the WS100. Congrats, Hal!

Bryon Powell
    BPL Member

@trailgoat

Locale: Redrock Country

Aaron,
    Although brand new to BPL, I ran across your posts on the Nathan HPL 759 and now re Western States. I'm an ultrarunner first and foremost, but trying to dip into the SUL fast packing realm to get into some non-race adventures.

Do you come from a hiking background with a transition to ultras? The other way around? Another sport? If you are coming from a running background.. or even if not, any advice for someone just coming into the SUL world?

Also, has the HPL 759 worked out well for you? Other running suitable pack suggestions? (I'm Nathan biased as I also can get their gear at pro rate.) How did you modify your HPL 759?

Anyone else have advice on moving from the ultraruning world in fast packing? Thoughts on the Nathan HPL #063 or #759?

Thanks for any advice!

Happy trails,
    Bryon "Goat" Powell
    http://irunfar.blogspot.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools