Topic

OR Neoplume vs Pat DAS Pants

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Wolf’s Rain BPL Member
PostedOct 5, 2013 at 7:07 am

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of insulated pants for the coming winter. Anyone have experience with either of these? I'm particularly interested in hearing if anyone has experience with the patagonia DAS pants. They are 100g of primaloft one versus the 60g of primaloft eco in the neoplume. But, the weight of both pants is basically the same so there would be no savings there. I know the Neoplumes get good reviews that I've read here. I think the DAS pants are new this season so not sure if anyones tried them out yet. Not sure if they have more of a "trashbag" fit that seems to be Pats style (although I must say I really like the updated version of the r1 pullover). I prefer as athletic a fit as possible considering they need to be flexible in terms of layering.

Primary use would be around camp in NH, VT, Maine, etc. I would also use them to potentially supplement my sleep system. I'm not sure what tempts people are using the neoplumes. Obviously the DAS would be warmer but not sure by how wide a margin.

PostedOct 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I found a pretty good deal on DAS pants at I believe O2 gear shop, and I ordered the M and L to try on. i'll let you know how they fit. If only for camp and sleeping, I think a super light down pants would be a better way to go. I'm pretty sure what you'd get out of a pair of gooses feet down pants or WM flash pants at 5-7 oz would probably be warmer than the DAS pants at 15oz. I ordered the DAS pants to help me dry out softshell pants and if I get stuck out in frigid conditions and I need something to throw over my skiboots and light pants. I still might consider down for this though. If you can find the DAS for a comparable price to the neoplume, I'd definitely go with the DAS. I'd say primaloft 1 is noticeably warmer than eco, and 100 is definitely a bit warmer than 60.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 6, 2013 at 8:15 am

157$ is not bad for the Das Pants, I would also look at the Micro puff pants as they can be got for less than 100$

Wolf’s Rain BPL Member
PostedOct 6, 2013 at 9:38 am

" I ordered the DAS pants to help me dry out softshell pants and if I get stuck out in frigid conditions"

That is definitely a reason I would like to have them around. I just figure camp gear would be the more consistent usage. O2 is where I was going to order them from as well since the price is nice (either that or get another site to pricematch.) I would love to hear how they fit if I don't order them myself before then.

Wolf’s Rain BPL Member
PostedOct 23, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I received my DAS pants today. I love the fit! For Patagonia, they have a surprisingly athletic fit. I haven't experimented too much yet, but they seem like they are the perfect size to be able to fit both over or under a shell / soft shell. The material seems decently durable and according to the description, is water resistant and wind proof. They came with a pretty small stuff sack so should pack well too. I'm psyched. You can't beat that deal on O2's website. I tried to get another site to pricematch but they wouldn't do it because they said it is below their cost for the pants.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...