Getting a new shoulder season bag, kind of a celebration gift for getting back outside after having a newborn (who finally sleeps through the night) and graduating college. I'll be combining it with a pad with an R value of 5, augmented by a hooded Stoic Anorak, capilene bottoms, and FF down booties if necessary.
Also, I'm pretending it's for my wife (but who are we kidding)
I've got a 20 degree quilt already, just want a 20 ish degree winter bag now. Here are the choices:
Marmot Plasma 15. 17.6 oz of 900 fill down. 30.2 oz listed weight. It's sleek and sexy.
Feathered Friends Swallow UL 20. 16.8 oz 900 fill down. 28 oz total listed weight.
WM Alpinelite. 19 oz 850 fill down. 31 oz total listed weight.
They're all great bags, though the Plasma might be a bit overpriced.
Personal experiences? How low have you gone in a particular bag and using what setup? Things that stand out?
Thanks in advance!

