Topic

Ruining the strap on my gaiters with sneaker soles?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedOct 3, 2013 at 5:06 pm

EDIT: Kind of answered this by picking up better shoes. You can disregard this thread.

So I've got a pair of sneakers for some fast winter hikes this season. They're pretty well protected, but I'm going to use VBL socks to keep my feet dry. Here they are:

Brooks PureConnect

br

As you can see, though, there's no rise in the arch! They're completely flat across the bottom.

Should I NOT use my snow gaiters with these, so I don't ruin the strap on them? Or will they be ok? I'm asking because I'd rather buy a second pair of shoes than a new pair of gaiters. These are already far from ideal for winter hiking, but I'm trying to save money.

Thanks,
Max

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...