Topic

Downtek jacket/parka with a good warranty?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 3, 2013 at 11:56 am

I was thinking about trying out of the new Downtek jacket/parkas but would like to get something that has a 'lifetime warranty' incase the Downtek doesn't pan out 2-3 years from now. Is there really anyone out there making one with a great warranty besides LL Bean?

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedOct 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I am sure I seen somewhere Eddie Bauer is making one.
Worth checking out.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 4, 2013 at 7:03 am

It seems the only thing EB is making with Downtek until at least Spring is the Sleeping Bag.

And the RAB looks great but $400 is a bit much and I really don't need an expedition parka.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 4, 2013 at 2:11 pm

The LL Bean 850 Ultralight weighs 1,3#s which is not exactly light in a large.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Thanks, but I think even this will bee to short for my 6'5" long torso

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 7, 2013 at 8:20 am

I called EB and they have no info about this jacket beyond what is on the webpage. Weird, neh?

PostedOct 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I wish it was weird. Seems there's a trend, especially with companies that are primarily casual wear, to not have any info about what they're selling.

Marmot couldn't tell me the weights of any part of the tent I bought from them, apart from the weights of everything together. Nobody put them on a scale?

One of the reasons cottage manufacturers are muy bueno- they have intimate knowledge of their products and are always happy to share.

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedOct 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

That would be nice along with the actual sizes of tall models for myself and the weight. So there is 3 things right there. Also which version of DWR down they are using.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...