Topic

packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sylvia szabo

@utsiishi

gday again, ill prob be on here a bit asking silly questions till i get my kit together..and then some more prob..hahah
    any way im thinking of getting a eberlestock backpack. the j107 model.
    i just wondering if anyone has had any eprience with these. cheers and thanks for any help.
    pedro

Jaiden .

@jaiden

That backpack is 9 pounds! A lot of people here don't carry that much weight in their complete kit. It's also very expensive. My pack weighs 2 lb (and around $120), and many people here have packs weighing 1 lb or less. I don't mean to tell you what to do, but since you asked, I'd say you should do a lot more thinking before you do any buying. I have no idea what you need to carry, but your pack should be your last purchase.

Maybe you can post a gear list of the conditions you're expecting, what gear you have, and what you need or you're thinking of getting, with weights for everything. Consider whether you need to carry extra gear (climbing ropes, a rifle, a tuba) what temperatures you'll encounter, whether you'll be camping or hiking, how many miles you expect to cover, etc.

You can also check out the gear lists on this site for some examples.

sylvia szabo

@utsiishi

wow, thanks mate for pointing that out. i didnt relise it was a heavy pack. back to the drawing board i spose. yeh it is dear for sure..
    the tuba made me lmao…hahaha
    pedro

Jaiden .

@jaiden

When you do start looking for a pack, consider Granite Gear and ULA. But first, figure out what you'll need to carry, both in size and weight. Don't forget your food/water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools