Topic

podcasts and videos

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support podcasts and videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TG Browning
    Spectator

@tgbrowning

Greetings all,

I'd like to make a request of everyone who does videos both for the forum and the magazine, as well as pod casts, to seriously consider investigating the possibility of captioning the videos and pod casts. I'm deaf, you see.

Now, I know it's a huge hassle — but the technology is changing even as I type this note. There's a good chance that sometime, really soon, a method of stripping voice information from a video (or pod cast) will make it to prime time and be worth while.

YouTube paired with Google is kind of a bent way to get a laugh, currently. But I know a lot of money is getting spent on the basic problem.

If you do make videos, could you consider the following. Try to speak very, very clearly — with a minimum of background noise in the video. You don't have to skip music necessarily; you could/can pick spots in the video where the music is briefly absent or very quiet. [ if you have a smart phone, try using voice input. You'll quickly get an idea of of what words you say that are difficult for technology to "understand". You might be able to think of words that work better).

It would be a great help, not just for me, but for quite a few people who are hard of hearing as well.

Thanks,

Browning>>>

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Locale: asheville nc

Browning, what are some good podcast about backpackinglight? Sorry I can't help as I don't make videos or podcast but, I haven't been able to find any good podcast. Thanks! And a free bump for your cause

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools