Topic

Black Diamond Z-pole straps

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Don A. BPL Member
PostedSep 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Does anyone have a pair of straps they've removed from their BD Z-poles? Mine are holding on by threads and the cost from BD with shipping etc. is outrageous. I'd prefer paying less than outrageous if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Don A. BPL Member
PostedOct 2, 2013 at 10:13 am

I'll try one more time. Surely someone has some Z straps laying around gathering dust that they removed to save weight. I could probably just remove mine too but…..I'm not yet ready to take that plunge. You can make some money and I can stop doing temporary repairs. It's a win win deal.

Todd T BPL Member
PostedOct 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm

My experience is they have to be replaced annually, so I'd guess your chances of finding "good used" ones are low.

How do you define outrageous? As I recall, they're about $15/pair.

Don A. BPL Member
PostedOct 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm

As I read the BD site it's $15.95 per strap plus shipping though I may be wrong. I didn't call them. There have been a number of posts on BPL about people just removing the straps so the wear factor may not be an issue. Anyway I've received a response from someone who has a pair.

Todd T BPL Member
PostedOct 3, 2013 at 9:43 pm

"As I read the BD site it's $15.95 per strap plus shipping though I may be wrong. I didn't call them. There have been a number of posts on BPL about people just removing the straps so the wear factor may not be an issue. Anyway I've received a response from someone who has a pair."

I'm pretty sure that's per pair. I know, I buy them every spring. :-( Here they are on BD's website:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/hiking%2Fspare-parts/z-pole-strap-assembly-med-lg-BD0112290000M_LS.html#q=z-pole+strap+assembly&start=1

If that were for just one strap, it would say which one, right or left. So it's only half outrageous, I guess, plus shipping. It *is* irritating that they wear out so fast, though. That's just one of several reasons I wouldn't buy the z-poles again, but that's another topic.

As for removing the the straps, you can certainly do that, just like you can remove the laces from your boots or the hipbelt from your pack. :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...