Topic

MLD DuoMid and Locus Gear DPTE

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Edward Jursek BPL Member
PostedSep 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Anyone actually used the above combo before? I just picked up a cuben DuoMid and I am looking at various options. Thanks!

Rob P BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I'm interested in this.

I'm exploring options for using an inverted v setup with my duo mid.

Thanks!

Marc Kokosky BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I haven't got mine out onto the trail yet but I have pitched in my backyard as practice. It seems to work really well. It gives you a lot of extra room. I replaced the very thick cord that came with the DPTE with some really thin spectra line since it is really only meant to keep the two ends from splaying out to the side when Under tension.

rmeurant BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2014 at 10:41 pm

They should work fine together, so long as your poles are long enough, and don't have strange tips.

Edward Jursek BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I was surprised there was so little information out there. I ended up getting a pair of GG LT4's with the pole extensions on the Gear Swap Forum. There was more solid feed back on that combination working with the Duomid. I tested it out a month ago on an overnighter and it worked great. I hope more people try the Duomid with the DPTE in the future.

Rob P BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2014 at 10:33 am

Thanks everyone…I'm going to go ahead and order the DPTE. I use Pacer Poles, so we'll see how they work with them.

Marc Kokosky BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2014 at 11:20 am

Pace r poles might be a bit of a different story given the angle of the grips. The DPTE have little "cups" that the pole handles fit in and I'm bit sure if pacer poles would work. a quick email to the vendor might answer that question though

PostedJan 29, 2014 at 11:23 am

"The DPTE have little "cups" that the pole handles fit in and I'm bit sure if pacer poles would work."

I don't have them, but from looking at them on the site, I'd think those cups aren't necessary. Just loop some cord around each pole handle and tie the appropriate length apart.

PostedApr 18, 2019 at 9:12 pm

I got a Locus Gear DPTE for our Duomid with inner.  I think the cups are necessary to keep the poles from sliding.

 

Dan Gregerson BPL Member
PostedApr 19, 2019 at 1:18 am

FWIW, I’ve been using the DPTE on my Khufu for two years and have never employed the cups/string to keep the poles together. Friction has been sufficient in my situations.

PostedApr 19, 2019 at 1:20 am

Thanks, Dan.  That’s good to hear.  It would make it simpler.

Bruce Tolley BPL Member
PostedApr 19, 2019 at 1:27 am

If your poles are long enough, you can do an inverted V with just the two poles if the mid is pitched very tightly. Otherwise they tend to slip in the night.

My question would be whether the DPTE allows a more lazy pitch.

PostedApr 19, 2019 at 1:58 am

I don’t think my son’s poles are long enough to go outside the inner without a pole jack for each one.  If you didn’t use an inner and pulled the poles inward, some poles might be long enough.

I had them both at the stop limit in that video.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Loading...