Topic

MEC T2 Zip Hoody Equivalent?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedSep 30, 2013 at 8:45 am

I really like the Mountain Equipment Coop's T2 Zip Hoody. It fits me well and is the right weight for most of my cool/cold activities, especially with the deep zip. I don't get along with wool, so I really appreciate the PowerDry fabric.

Is there any equivalent here in the States?

Thanks.

Steve K BPL Member
PostedSep 30, 2013 at 9:00 am

This looks a lot like Patagonia's Capilene 4 Hoody.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedSep 30, 2013 at 9:08 am

I have both the Cap 4 and T2 and the Cap 4 is slightly warmer and heavier.

PostedSep 30, 2013 at 10:39 am

The Cap 4 and the T2 are pretty close. Thanks.

But I am stunned to see the T2 is $51 Canadian, and sewn in Canada,
while the Cap 4 is $119 US, and sewn in Columbia, out of essentially the same fabric.

PostedSep 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm

You're paying for the label/logo. There's a reason they call it Patagucci.

James holden BPL Member
PostedOct 1, 2013 at 12:10 am

you wont find anything equivalent with the same quality and fabric made in any 1st world nation at the same regular price comparable to the MEC one …

especially considering it has an no questions asked "scammer" warranty and MEC gives 1% back to good causes

thats the simple truth … many of the other brands sell the equivalent for up to double the price

ll bean has a powerdry 1/4 zip long sleeve for cheap, but no hoodie

i consider MEC to have the most practical, affordable patagucci cap4/R1 copies … especially when it goes on clearance for 25 smackaroos

;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...