I discovered this for myself today, but it has been getting around earlier this year.
http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15799
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
I discovered this for myself today, but it has been getting around earlier this year.
http://www.portlandhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15799
No need to panic… yet.
Search Amazon for dimethicone and several barrier cream products come up, some are even marketed to athletes.
That sucks. Glad Daryl decided not to take me up on my offer of a free tube – I still have 3 tubes of the old stuff. I'll be hanging on to that…..
Doug,
I'll take two of them.
Daryl
"Doug,
I'll take two of them.
Daryl
"
:-)
Did you ever order any? If so, did you get the old stuff or the new stuff?
Ebay and some online stores still have the dimethicone stuff. Be careful when ordering…that they don't sell you the skin glide without dimethicone, if you don't want it.
Maybe it is an attempt to go greener and get rid of the parabens ingredient, as stated on the latest packaging.
I don't know anything about this product, just searched roadrunnersports because several cities, including Portland, have them.
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/BLS104/2toms-sport-shield-rollon-15-ounce/
Ingredients: Dimethicone, Aloe Vera Extract, Vitamin E
I just ran up to my local REI. Knowing that the folks who work at such stores aren't that disciplined about following FIFO principles, I checked all of the tubes on the rack. The first four were the new mix, the back three were the old mix, so I snagged the back three! Should have enough to last me for a few years now.
Doug,
I did get some and have been trying it.
I believe I got the new stuff.
Just kidding about wanting two tubes. I'm very happy with the Two Toms stuff I mentioned in my original post.
Daryl
Dimethicone, Aloe Vera Extract, Vitamin E
Two Toms Sportshield lists the above ingredients.
It feels like silicone when I put it on and their website says it is a silicone based product.
Liquified Powder – doesn't anyone find this a hilarious (or absurd) bit of marketing spin?
Cheers
Hi Roger. Yes, it does seem absurd. That is the first thing Body Glide changed. The product name was first changed to Skin Glide and then the ingredient change.
Two Toms comes in foil wrapped towelettes that weigh less than 9 grams each. I used one towelette on a four day backpacking trip. A tube of Body Glide weighs about 2 ounces.
Become a member to post in the forums.