I have tried previously to buy an evernew pot on gear swap but have had no success. I just decided to buy one new. I was looking at the 900 ml nonstick pot set with the frying pan lid. Does anyone have any recommendations on who might have a good price or a place that has one combined with a good coupon? Or if any of you happen to be wanting to get rid of yours. I'm finally getting back to backpacking after months out with a knee injury and looking forward to lightening my load. Also if anyone could say whether its worth it to buy the 900 ml pot separately with the regular and the fry pan on it is own.
Topic
Best place to buy evernew pots
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I’m not sure that there is a relatively inexpensive place to buy Evernew pots now that REI has discontinued their “TiWare” line (which was made by Evernew but stamped “REI”).
Re the frying pan, I’m not so sure about a Ti frying pan. I have a Snow Peak Ti frying pan, and I find it a bit difficult — easy to burn things. Aluminum is a better conducter of heat and disperses the heat more evenly. Aluminum is a lot more forgiving.
If you really did want a Ti fry pan, you could make your own non-frying pan lid out of a sheet of thin gauged aluminum or titanium. That would be a nice cheap option rather than buying two lids.
The other option is Toaks titanium cookware which is a lot cheaper but has pretty good UL characteristics.
Don't get the non stick coating, the regular evernew pots are the best, nothing sticks to titanium.
I think the regular (non-coated) pots are the way to go, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say “nothing sticks to them”. Clean up is pretty easy though. Sand, gravel, a metal spoon, steel wool, etc. can all be used. Don’t try that on pots with a non stick coating.
Here is a 0.9L nonstick ti pot made by Vargo. However, note that this particular pot does not have handles on it…
http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/vargo-titanium-non-stick-pot-900ml
Also, if you want a nonlined (plain'o) 0.9L ti pot, be sure to check out the new Toaks 0.9L ti pot. Very similar to the ever-so popular 0.9L UL Evernew ti pot:
http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/toaks-900-ml-ultralight-titanium-pot
The evernew titanium frying pan is ok as a plate or shallow bowl. Not that good as a frying pan.
If you want a pot and frying pan combo out of titanium, check out the Snowpeak 1300.
If need a pan for frying, bring aluminum.
Become a member to post in the forums.

