Topic

Ice Age Trail experience?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Ice Age Trail experience?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elijah Ziemann

@mrblondyable

I'm planning a 2 day backpacking trip on the Ice Age trail in Kettle Moraine. One of the days we're pushing 18 miles, and I'm wondering if the trail is hilly or mostly flat. Thanks.

Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

I did a two nighter on one of the western chapters. We did 40 miles. It was okay, but it doesn't match the Superior Hiking Trail. Also, at least where I was…there were no designated camp sites and not a whole lot of options. There was a lot of private land and logging areas.
    Some places were nice, some were not nice. I wouldn't go back to that section again. I think it was the Indian Head chapter?

Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

Also,
    I parked my car at the trailhead parking lot that was the end of our hike. When we arrived at the car, I checked my voicemail. I had a message from the sheriff's department and my parents saying that they were looking for me.

Apparently the Sherriff's department got a hold of my parents and explained that they found my car abandoned in Wisconsin, but I was missing. Great…. Keep in mind, we were only out for two days.

something tells me these trails don't get used too much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools