Topic

Big Agnes Mystic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sylvia szabo

@utsiishi

gday people, inot sure if this is the right spot to ask this. im in the market for a light weight sleeping bag . actually two. one for me and one for the wife. i was checking out a few but liked the looks of the Big Agnes Mystic. not sure why. its got the sorta rating im after, a hood and its got down. i was wonder if any ones used this bag and if it zips to another bag and if you can slip a mat in the botton..oh and a pillow sack…
    any help would be great…even another bag referal..haha..im in the dark here.
    cheers everyone
    utsiishi

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Here an overview of some down bags to look at until someone makes a recommendation.

Sean Perry

@shaleh

Locale: SF Bay Area

It will zip to any other Big Agnes bag with the same size zipper. Buy one left and one right zipper and all is well.

I own a Lost Ranger and my wife owns a Lulu. She has a thermarest ladies (the pink version of the orange ultra light) and I own an Agnes insulated air core. Both fit well.

When zipped together you can roll between bags easily unlike the Agnes mummy bags where the foot box is always separated.

We find the bags warm and comfortable. Both of us are tossers in our sleep and this was a big reason for choosing the BA bags.

Every BA bag has an integral pillow case you just need to add a fleece, inflatable pillow, etc.

Shawn Basil

@bearpaw

Locale: Southeast

I own the Mystic and use it for winter trips here in Tennessee. I am a big guy and typical bags won't begin to work with my 54 inch (135 cm) chest. I like the sleeve in the bottom which holds the pad in place – it prevents me from rolling off in the middle of the nice. The pillow is also especially appreciated.

The biggest downside side is its poorly stated weight. My Mystic, which lists at 2 lbs, 4 oz, actually weighs 2 lbs, 11 oz, a 19% error. Every BA bag I have looked at is comparably understated for weight. However, the only other companies I know of which will fit me are Montbell and Western Mountaineering, both of which are outside my price range.

sylvia szabo

@utsiishi

thanks peoples, your help/advice is muchly appreciated and taken on board…cheers folks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools