Topic

15 lbs fully loaded- thanks BPL!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring 15 lbs fully loaded- thanks BPL!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen Klaudinyi
    BPL Member

@jenklaud

Locale: PacNW

I just returned from a fantastic ultralight fully loaded tour from my doorstep in Eugene, OR down the coast to SFO. I got my dry weight down to 15 lbs (or 34 including the bike). No panniers.
    I've been honing my kit list over the past year using the expertise of you lovely BPL folks, and it paid off. I was the fastest, lightest one on the route!

Here's a little sample of my kit list:
    Hexamid solo+ with tyvek groundsheet and dac pole stolen from my copper spur
    Neoair xlight
    EE quilt
    Homemade penny stove and small Ti cookset (snowpeak)
    Minimal, multiuse layers of clothing
    Minimal tools + first aid
    Minimal rear rack
    Granite gear stuff sacks

Yay!Bf in sfo

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Good for you! What bike is that? Maybe a Bike Friday.

Jen Klaudinyi
    BPL Member

@jenklaud

Yeah- it is my off-the-production-line Bike Friday (my partner used to work for them). Folds and fits into a standard suitcase, but still my favorite bike (out of 5) for touring.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

What a cool rig! Well done!

I did no panniers too (check out my profile pic!) for a 1,500 mile tour last summer. Now that it's cold, I have a lot more stuff… probably closer to 25lbs. D'oh!

Jen Klaudinyi
    BPL Member

@jenklaud

Yeah- I've admired your rig in the pic. I had to get creative with frame bags, since the BF frame is shaped so weird.
    I'm gearing up for snow camping instead of rain touring… Wheels mostly in the summer for me. Skis in the winter!

Dave T

@davet

Congrats on a great ride! What a place to finish too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools