Topic

Good deals on Mountain Hardwear at STP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Good deals on Mountain Hardwear at STP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Using today's dealflyer special the MH Hooded Phantom Down Jacket is $126 down from $300. The MH Plasmic is $66 (usually $140) and is I believe a rebranded form of eVent DVL. Free shipping on orders over $100 and the code I got in my email is EEU3429P, good for three orders.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Is you use the mobile app, it's free shipping regardless of price.

Jeffrey A.
    Spectator

@jeff81

Any idea how much down is in the phantom jacket?

Scott Musack
    Spectator

@scottm

Locale: Oregon

I'm pretty sure it is the 'Dry Q Elite' that is the rebrand of eVent. The Dry.Q whatever else is just a normal 2.5 layer jacket.

Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

I unfortunately can't remember where I read the info, whether it was a post here or on another site, where they broke down all the Dry Q levels. The gist of it was the Dry Q elite was eVent, Dry Q core was their cheap proprietary epic membrane (or coating?) and Dry Q evap was eVent DVL 2.5 layer fabric. Then again my memory often fails me and I could be quite off base.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I believe the ratings for Dry Q Elite is 40,000/30,000 (hydrostatic head/breathability)

I think standard eVent is something in the 20,000/20,000 region, probably a bit more.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Jeffrey, I believe it's 6.35oz of down. I had emailed MHW about it awhile back and they said 180grams IIRC. This is for the hooded version, figure a half to full oz less for the non-hooded. I have it and it's definitely puffy. I would put it in the solid big brand 16oz range for jackets. Not as warm looking or feeling as a beefy box-baffled jacket like a Rab Neutrino Plus, but definitely warmer and colder oriented than Montbell UL Parka or MHW Ghost Whisperer.

One caveat is the fit. It's MHW Active Fit which means a little smaller than normal. I'm a solid Small in DeadBird regardless of fit and MHW active fit smalls are pretty tight. I got a medium in this jacket and it's still feels a little on the small side with room for only the smallest layers. Then again I have a climber's body so we get big shoulder/back region without increasing chest too much and everything fits weird! Definitely a nice jacket though and I can't wait to test mine out this winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools