Topic

“This woman is sleeping inside a sealed plastic bag”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion “This woman is sleeping inside a sealed plastic bag”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Will Elliott
    BPL Member

@elliott-will

Locale: Juneau, AK

Somewhere toward the middle off this video:
    http://youtu.be/rRwcIumf-mI

A woman waiting in line overnight for a new iPhone crawls inside a clear garbage bag and goes to sleep. You can see the plastic moving up and down with her breath. A little funny, a little disturbing, like a lot of SUL :)

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

Just wow.

I absolutely can't believe how fanatical people are about new iPhones. Face, meet palm.

Up until a few months ago I didn't own a smart phone, and didn't want to. Note to self: Use caution when cooking pasta whilst on the phone.

Now I'm totally up-to-date with my brand new handed down iPhone 3. I might paint it gold…

But seriously, you have to admire the lady's attempt to utilize a vapor barrier to augment the warmth of her sleep system. Not sure she fully understands the concept…

;)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Does one get tunnel vision looking through an iPhone ?

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Presumably, "there's an app for that" that would detect rapid breathing due to high CO2 levels and alert you to open up your vapor barrier.

Stephen Parks
    Spectator

@sdparks

Locale: Southwest

OBL = oxygen barrier layer

Deep sleep guaranteed.

Gordon Gray
    BPL Member

@gordong

Locale: Front Range, CO

What's cool is that Will found something backpacking related in this video. I thought that the Marmot jacket in the opening scene would of triggered my instinct but he managed to get "vapor barrier" from what looks like homeless person taking a nap in a non breathable bag liner.

Will Elliott
    BPL Member

@elliott-will

Locale: Juneau, AK

Thanks. As the poet John Haines says, "cities to me are part of the forest, in an absolute sense."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools