Topic

quilt or bag with bivy

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Charlie Murphy BPL Member
PostedSep 24, 2013 at 5:22 am

Hey folks: Does it make sense to buy a quilt when I use a bivy. Is it difficult to set up a quilt into a bivy? My bivy is top zip.
I'm thinking of buying EE Rev X. Nice price and weight.

Thanks, Charlie

PostedSep 24, 2013 at 6:37 am

"Hey folks: Does it make sense to buy a quilt when I use a bivy."

Yes, when I use a bivy it's always with a quilt.

Is it difficult to set up a quilt into a bivy? My bivy is top zip.

No, not at all, though I do have a side zip with my bivy. Still, I don't see how it would be any harder than with a sleeping bag.

I'm thinking of buying EE Rev X. Nice price and weight."

Great quilt, and great service from Tim.

Charlie Murphy BPL Member
PostedSep 24, 2013 at 7:07 am

Hi Mid-Atlantic, we're neighbors:) Thanks for the reply.

Another quick question if I still have your attention Doug, I was thinking about the RevX 10. It would not handle our extreme winters but should handle fall, spring and a good chunk of our winters. Don't you think? I don't do much in the winter, a little WVa BC skiing but often a truck is nearby. Thoughts?

PostedSep 24, 2013 at 7:18 am

I'd think a 30 would handle 3-season around here. I assume you're going to have a down jacket to hang out in before bed, so just use that as necessary, and maybe some long johns as necessary, for the colder temps. Unless you sleep cold. A 10 would be overkill for me for most of the 3-season weather we have around here.

Charlie Murphy BPL Member
PostedSep 24, 2013 at 7:38 am

I appreciate your quick reply. I will have a coat, sleep neutral. I never feel hot nor cold. Since have a very lightweight summer bag was thinking this one might push into winter a bit. Not the hardcore periods just the fringes ,thus the 10 or 20 models. Thanks again. Where bouts in the Mid Atlantic are you, if you don't mind me asking? Best, Charlie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...