Topic

Looking for a Ride: Seattle-Tacoma Airport, WA

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 7:53 pm

//////Thanks everyone! Plans are set!

Hi Gang,

I'm getting back on the road for my bike tour now that the bike is fixed, but I've got a tricky transition. I've got to fly my bike packed from New York to Seattle, and then put my bike back together, and then sleep for a night. After that, I can bike out of the urban areas and into places where I can stealth camp and get the trip started.

That first night on the west coast, it'd be a real stress-reliever to have a pick-up at the airport from someone local. I've never been to Seattle. I don't necessarily need a place to stay; I can do a motel that night. I don't even really need the ride, but it makes things a LOT easier if I can get the bike ready carefully after a good night's rest. It's a long flight.

I thought this'd be a good opportunity to connect with a fellow BPL'er rather than call a cab. I feel like I'm more familiar and comfortable on BPL than I am on the bike touring forums (too many bike mechanics over there…). Anyone from Seattle have an evening off in mid-October and want to lend a hand? Happy to buy you dinner in return and swap stories.

I'm going to be in prep mode from about October 1st to October 10th, and then I'm going to pick a flight and likely fly out that week. The prices for tickets don't seem to be fluctuating much.

PM me or email at mdilthey @ gmail dot com, but please, don't feel obliged to go out of your way. I'm perfectly capable, just looking to meet the community when I can. This isn't begging!

If you're interested in meeting up while I ride around, feel free to drop suggestions for Northwest US destinations in my e-mail :)

Max

MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...