Topic

lightweight and liquid-tight bottles

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ian Rae BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 10:07 am

I've been using plastic baby bottles (with the storage cap instead of nipple!) lately for carrying whisky, raw eggs, etc… No leaks so far!

These appear to be a newer version of what we've been using. For some reason these have a separate seal and lid, but appear to be pretty similar. http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AVENT-Breast-Storage-4-Pack/dp/B003FOAA2G/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1379867909&sr=8-9&keywords=baby+bottles+avent

Anyone else using these or something similar? The "5oz" bottles that I've been using weight 23g/.85oz (they're more like 6oz filled to the top.)

Valerie E BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 11:20 am

Good idea for certain uses — they're cheap and definitely food-safe plastic (I know, I know, many researchers would maintain that there is no such thing)… Thanks for sharing!

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Small Nalgene bottles. They have a lab-tested leak-proof seal. We use them for butter, jam, honey, and they work well.

Cheers

Stephen Barber BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Ditto on the small Nalgene bottles. A bit heavier than some bottles, but they just don't leak!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...