Topic

Early November backpacking

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Adam G BPL Member
PostedSep 21, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I have vacation 11/8 – 11/21, and I'm looking for a good backpacking trip. The length can be from 5 – 10 days if I can accomplish the travel during the remainder of the days. If there's a must-do but shorter backpacking route, I wouldn't mind car camping and doing day hikes during the rest of the time. I live in Southern California, and I plan on traveling by car.

I don't have too much experience with desert backpacking, and my winter skills are fairly week. I can manage some snow but anything involving snow shoes, an ice axe, or crampons is out for now.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Edward Z BPL Member
PostedSep 22, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I'd recommend hitting up the Los Padres NF and seeing some of the loops Nick Bobroff and others have put on here. You can easily put a few days together using the Sespe, Gene Marshall, Ventana wilderness……… Or Zion / Utah……………… Escalante etc………

Just a couple ideas!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...