Topic

New Zpacks Arc Blast first impressions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Zpacks Arc Blast first impressions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Locale: Scandinavia

I know there are a bunch of threads on this pack, but I recently got mine and figured I would throw my 2 cents into the pot. I had been drooling over this pack for a while, but when taped seams and other nice improvements like the newer side straps and such, I just had to have one. That, and I had already read a lot of good things about it on here and on blogs.

My first impressions are that I am very, very impressed. Can't wait to try it in the field soon. I got Joe to do a mod that I thought would work out well–two smaller center pockets rather than one–and I think it turned out great. Seems like it will be easier to organize and find my gear on the outside of my pack.

You can read more about my initial review, along with a long term review of my Zero, here:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/09/zpacks-backpacks-double-review-arc.html

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I find the front pocket can bulge out, but it is netting. It's nice though to stuff the things I put in there. Got a small snag in the netting on a trip early this summer before my vacation. Funny with the xc trip on my vacation, I did no damage to the netting but tripped in some brush and dented my ti pot that was inside my pack and poked a tiny hole in the pack. My vintage stove on the front pocket was untouched. :)
    Duane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools