Topic

Week in the Sierra’s starts tomorrow

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedSep 20, 2013 at 8:35 am

Traveling today from NC to the Sierras. Onion Valley to Whitney Portal tomorrow through next Friday. I usually don't have much time for exploring, but this year will be different. The low miles and 7 days will give me a chance to explore off trail. Needless to say I'm a little excited. Will be my 7 or 8 trip to the Sierra's and I never tire of the area.

If you are in the area we will be the group of 5 guys. Stop and say Hi.

Brad

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedSep 20, 2013 at 10:24 am

That much time, you can cover lots of territory in-between. There is a place to camp a few miles north and below Forester Pass, about the last place to camp, so if you find yourselves not wanting to stay close to Vidette Meadow, that is an option. Also, a mile or more south of the Vidette Meadow/Bubbs Creek Jct, there is a nice roomy spot to set up camp. Not much if any elevation gain getting to it from the Jct. I like staying by the jct. as it has bear boxes and a nice meadow to gaze out onto.
Duane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...