Topic

New Bozeman Products

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Bozeman Products

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dane Burke

@dane

Locale: Western Washington

I read on the Bozeman Mountain Works website that they’re working on several new products, and I am very excited to see them. I am especially interested in the new Arc bags. I was hoping to get some information on the 850-fill and Polarguard versions of the Arc. About how much will they each weigh? How much loft (or effective loft) will they have? How much will they cost? When will they become available for prepurchase, and when will they ship?

I have not yet decided on whether I should go with down or synthetic yet. I am planning on using it with a Quantum Vapr bivy under a poncho tarp. I’d like to have my mind made up by the time they are available for pre-purchase so I can get it ASAP.

Thanks for the information.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

speaking of new Bozeman products– Ryan,can you give an update on when the pullover will start shipping? Especially to those of us who have preordered. Cheers.

Jason Shaffer

@pilgrim

I’ll second both of those questions! I’ve also preordered the pullover. and after reading about the prototype cocoon arc-x in the print issue, I’ve been curious about this too.
    -Jason

David Reid

@davidr

I’ve also seen that Bpl is going to produce a cocoon balaclava that I can’t wait to get my hands on. Should be a great year for gear.

Dane Burke

@dane

Locale: Western Washington

And what happened to the Arc X? It isn’t on the Sleep Systems page anymore.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Well, I finally received my Cocoon and it is amazingly lofty for it’s weight(hope the loft lasts)– almost as much as my 15 year old Marmot down sweater (I admit it has lost a little loft in that time). You may call it indigo blue,Ryan, but it’s more cheerful than that–an electric dark blue–cool. I had a chance to use it as a warm up jacket last weekend doing a little ski touring.
    My only suggestions for improving the pullover
    are to cut the jacket so that the rear is longer.We longer torsoed folk especially would appreciate it. I felt a little exposed back there (rest of tailoring is superb–arms cut great,room for some layering).
    A couple of trick BMW zipper pulls would be a nice aesthetic gesture.
    Thank you for not slathering logos all over the exterior (offenders,you know who you are).
    You definitely one- upped Patagonia and Montbell with this garment.

Anonymous

Yes I have to agree to Kevin. My cocoon arrived Saturday, and the only thing I’m missing: I’m 6’3 tall and I feel it could bebe a bit longer..besides that..excellent..
    Roland

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools