Topic

REI change of policy gets front page in Wall Street Journal

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
Dena Kelley BPL Member
PostedSep 17, 2013 at 9:37 am

Bolster, IMO it's nothing to do with REI. I was on another forum yesterday where someone posted up something about their job, and how they are working 60 hours a week with no end in sight, and they're on salary. That turned into a free for all by other forum members to bash conservatives and capitalism. I think right now things are just volatile and some people see their particular brand of "devil" behind everything. Sorry your thread got hijacked.

Thomas Rayl BPL Member
PostedSep 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

REI. Obama. Conservatives. Liberals. "Foil hat wearing…" "Tree huggers"

How about everybody load up, head up the trail, and spend a week in the woods with only what you pack and carry on your backs. Let's *ALL* get back to what's "real". Eating a meal you caught/picked/carried yourself and prepared yourself over a cook fire you made yourself has a way of re-centering your focus. Bumping into a bear in a mountain meadow has a tendency to make you forget all about bureaucrats (conservative or liberal). Give me the REAL real world!

Brett Peugh BPL Member
PostedSep 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I like that they are keeping their lifetime warranty for previously purchased items. The only reason I ever bought from them was their warranty policy. I liked knowing that if something I had bought and only use a few times for one season out of the year fell apart on its own that they would take it back and I could get my money back or another item. Why else pay full MSRP? In fact I don't mind paying a bit more from companies that do have such policies for better made items or warranties. I work hard for my money and don't just throw it around.

And I don't think it is bashing as much as they went from a place where people would purchase items at full MSRP because of the warranty that stood behind it to basically to Dick's Sporting Goods. Just another store that mostly sells what everyone else sells.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
Loading...