Topic

camp/water shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) camp/water shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Collins
    BPL Member

@diablo-v

Locale: Orlando FL

I looked at them on their site. Is that 3.5 oz each or per pair ?

The issue I have with UL sandals is that they do nothing well.
    They aren't the best for steam bottoms and fast moving water and they are useless as camp shoes in the cold without special socks.

There is also a member here with a very nice sandal product but once again it needs to wrap the big toe separately to work.

I'm convinced that 8 oz per pair is the lowest practical weight vs usefulness.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I just got my Montbell Catalogue in the mail.

Check these out:

http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=92&p_id=1108772mb

It says it's 2.3oz/pair in my catalogue, but I am suspicious- I bet it's per-shoe.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I also use the Vivo Ultra Pure (sans liners) as my camp and river crossing shoes. I've been doing this for two summers now and they do work well. I've been across a few thigh-deep and pretty swift rivers with no issues, though the rocks were not mossy. They make pretty good camp shoes too.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools