I could have just e-mailed Dan Yeruski on this, but I thought I'd throw it out to the community in case someone else had similar questions.
I've been really happy with the Starlyte stove for my regular cook-stove. I've been thinking about purchasing a couple more with the caps, pre-filling them and tossing them into my emergency kit I carry for day hiking. I only have two questions about that:
1) if pre-filled and capped, how long could I reasonably expect the fuel to stay good for? Would it still be usable and unevaporated in a month? 3 months? a year?
2) I usually use this with a Caldera Cone, which I do not carry as an emergency item. For emergency use I have a 600 Snowpeak mug, but how would I suspend it above the stove? I would want something light and foldable/compact. I keep a piece of aluminum foil in the emergency kit for a windscreen, so that would supply the other purpose of the Caldera Cone.
Thanks!




