I just updated to iOS 7. I haven't done any testing, but on very first glance here are the new settings that I think might affect battery life. I don't know for sure, but these are things that appear (to me) to need to use CPU power just to be enabled.
Control Center -> AirDrop. I turned it off, I don't need the phone to waste battery broadcasting itself.
Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh. I turned off everything except one or two apps that I care about (Gaia and Google Maps). I'm sure this will save battery life. I don't need it spending any cycles while I'm asleep updating data for the Stocks or Weather app, etc.
Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services They've added some new battery-consuming things in that list, and all should be turned OFF to save battery (except Compass Calibration if you care about true vs magnetic north). This is a very sneaky place where Apple hides stuff that really does drain the battery and which many users would turn off if they knew these existed. One new setting Frequent Locations keeps track of where you are for reasons that most of us will never make use of.
Also, this is not new in iOS7, but I just noticed it's missing from the article and this is my reminder to update the article.
Settings -> General -> Date & Time. Set Automatically should be OFF. If it's ON, then the phone is detecting your location in order to adjust your time zone for you.