Topic

Cool Walmart Find

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Dan BPL Member
PostedSep 11, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I was on my way to an early day hike last weekend and the weather was cool enough that I figured I might switch from the shorts that I was wearing to the pants that I had in my pack when I got to the trail head, but soon after I had that thought I realized that I forgot to pack a belt to go along with the pants (lots of running and hiking lately; all my clothes are loose). There was a Walmart on the way, so I ran in real quick to see if they had a cheap, lightweight belt. What I had in mind was a simple sport belt like this:

belt

I didn't find the belt that I was looking for, but I ended up finding this in the camping section, which was even better:

belt

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Products-Lashing-Strap-3/17017890

It's light, multi-functional, and very cheap ($1.97). I've been using it as my main belt since I bought it. I'm going to pick up a few more of them for strapping my snowshoes to my GG Minimalist pack this winter. Just figured I'd pass it along…

PostedSep 12, 2013 at 10:33 am

For the hiker who has to have the better version of everything, Revelate Designs makes a great lashing strap for bikepacking that has a lighter buckle and reflective webbing. It's very high quality, about $3.50 a pop, plus shipping.

Really comforting to know this wal-mart version exists, as I lose straps every time I go touring.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...