We have introduced a new, less expensive line of tents for late fall, winter or early spring trips. The tent feature set is stripped down a bit for winter usage.
Topic
Heated Shelters
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
"By participating in a message board hosted at this domain . . . .
You agree not to submit, upload or post to a chat/message board any content which:
advertises . . . goods or services."
Feel like people announce products on these forums all the time: from new ventures to mainstay's like Ron Bell. Even now there's another thread announcing something called an Outsak. Not like hardware is competing with BPL anymore.
This particular product seems neat and relevant. I remember there was a particular thread about some guy with 7 kids looking for an 8 person shelter a few weeks ago. This might suit his needs.
Enforcing a "no ads" policy would be just about impossible–too easy to ask somebody else to say "Hey, check this out!" or "Hey, I'm making these, can I get some feedback?".
Some are sticklers for the rules. Some realize that message boards like this are the main way that cottage industries advertise and get feedback from the market.
The tipis look great.
I see a difference between an ad that refers people to an uncritical website and a review or even an anecdote that relates the good, the bad and the ugly about a product.
Yes, it would be easy to pose as a user and even post an overly-glowing review of some item. Although those have often exposed as such on BPL in the past.
And, yes, it is an interesting product line which offers potential solutions for families, hunting parties, etc. Combined with a wood stove that weighs a few pounds, being out in pretty cold or wet conditions gets a lot more comfortable.
The Outsack post is in gear deals section and is perfectly valid as they are going to offer BPLers a discount and first dibs on their items.
Edit: P.S. I don't mind cottage companies advertising here, I would never have found many of them if it weren't for BPL.
Many of us know who Kevin is and he has been forthright in his connection with the company. I don't see any issue with the posting, apart from perhaps indicating his relationship with the company in the OP for those unaware.
Sorry for my haste, and I usually do provide a full disclosure at the onset of any of my posts that are not in gear deals and are specific to our products. Today was a bit busy, and I had many irons in the fire , so perhaps my etiquette suffered a bit and I apologize. I thought the product was relevant since we are entering the fall, winter, spring camping seasons and there is discount pricing and well a stove sure is nice during the long evenings. It was more of a heads up, FWIW. Basically, we have offered a stripped down version of our high performance tents, in more of a point product at a significantly reduced price. I was just letting folks know. Carry on
Become a member to post in the forums.

