Topic

Outsak UL and UL Micro sale starts tomorrow.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Outsak UL and UL Micro sale starts tomorrow.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Locale: High Desert

We have a new Outsak UL and UL micro. Weight has dropped. Capacity is nearly the same. The new one is just a tiny bit smaller. (old bag 630 ci, new bag 625 ci)Most people won't notice the difference.

The bags have been field tested since Spring. No more Opsak bags. Each Outsak UL and UL Micro will come with a small one wrap strap.

The sale will be 9/12 and 9/13. I'll post a little more info later today on how to order and what the prices and limits are for this sale. As always, we are giving BPL members the first access to our new products. Stay tuned.

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

I love mine. It has proven to be rodent and Boykin Spaniel proof.

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Brent-

Thanks for the kind words. We are confident enough to call the bag "canine proof". We've had stray dogs attack it on camera. One of them was a pit bull mixed breed who went to town on the bag for about 30 minutes. The dog never breached the bag. Canine's have some of the sharpest teeth. Rock squirrels are sharper, and it stops them too.

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

I'll give these another +1, they have kept my food safe from the relentless mice in Grand Canyon on many occasions.

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Thanks C B. Much appreciated.

We have trimmed the remaining fat on the Outsak UL and UL Micro. We reduced the closure and we can't reduce it anymore. the mesh is actually a bit tougher than it used to be. This is a result of switching mesh manufacturers.

Future changes will require a bag redesign. I like challenges and I have a couple ideas but we have several other products that are in the works that will come before a UL redesign.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

What's the new weight? I've been thinking about one of these. Getting kinda tired of worrying about my food bag every time I am 10 feet away from it at an AT shelter.

Ryan

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Fall 2013 Outsak UL 3.5 oz. Old model was 3.75 oz.
    Outsak UL Micro 2.6 oz. Old model was 2.85 oz.

New capacity is 625 ci. old capacity was 630 ci. We could have listed as the same capacity, but we want to be as accurate as we can. It is just a pinch smaller than the old bag. HA!! sorry, "old bag" reminded me of an old girlfriends mom. anyways….

I'll be posting the sale info in a little bit.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Looking at the pics I can see that there is a chain mesh. Anything else? Is the chain covered with plastic or anything? And how does the closure work? Is it just Velcro? If so, what keeps an animal for pulling it open?

And what's the difference between the regular and the spectra model? Other than color?

Interested, but can't quite get it in my head what they are made of and how they work…

thanks,

Bill D

David Brandenberg
    BPL Member

@daveinflag

Bill-

The bag is stainless steel (no coating, just steel) with a hook and loop closure, backed with a tight weave webbing.

go to http://www.simpleoutdoorstore.com/outsak.html for detailed info about the differences between the UL and Spectrum bags. Spectrum bags are much bigger.

The closure of these bags has never been the issue as animals will always go straight for the food. We've field tested the bags thoroughly, and have been for almost 4 years. Animals don't use closures. They try to chew trough the stainless steel and they can't do it.

Please remember, the info on the site is not accurate for the UL and Micro we are selling. All of the new info has been posted previously.

We have some instructional videos at http://www.simpleoutdoorstore.com/videos.html

Thanks for your interest. I hope this was helpful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools