Topic

Considering an AirBeam for an MYOG pack

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Richard May BPL Member
PostedSep 10, 2013 at 6:40 am

I'm thinking of making a simple pack (a-la Zero) with sleeves for an AirBeam. I've decided, as an experiment to have the waist strap wrap around the pack so it will hug closer to my lower back. I'm hoping this would increase contact area and thus support. It could lead to over heating but this is precisely what I'm testing out.

Any thoughts on either idea that I may want to consider as I design the pack?

Honestly, I rarely pack anything more than 15lbs for two night trips so what I'm making is overkill. Still, I'd like to see how far I can take the idea.

PostedSep 10, 2013 at 7:21 am

I love nemo's air beam tents and have imagined so many ways i could diy my own gear.
You may think about buying one of their air bladders (they sell them as replacements. Also i had an idea that a strip of tyvek homewrap or maybe 1443 wrapped into a tube and sealed with tyvek tape to create a cylinder. Then sealing the ends of the cylinder with a few folds and more tape. This could produce a lightweight non stretch air beam skeleton to give you a very stiff beam.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...