Topic

Light but stiff hiking shoe?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedSep 10, 2013 at 6:36 am

Hi there,

I'm usually hiking/trekking around the alps in Europe (Austria, Italy, Switzerland) and most of the time use my Inov-8 Roclite 370s and Roclite 315s.

While these are great and lightweight shoes, sometimes they are simply too soft (the sole).
For example when walking through rough terrain, rocks, etc. It's even painful sometimes..

That's the reason I'm looking for an additional pair for this purpose.
Does anyone know shoes with a stiffer sole that are more comfortable in this terrain? Of course as lightweight as possible, they don't need to be waterproof.

Thanks a lot,
Christoph

PostedSep 10, 2013 at 8:46 am

I'm pretty gaga over my Pearl Izumi Trail M2's. Light, forefoot rock plate, stiffer foam under the arches, seamless, and comfy as all get-out. Not the prettiest shoes but mine are covered in silt majority of the time so it works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...