My daughters love to work on stoves, gear all kinds of stuff. Tonight a Tyvek ground sheet was the project.
Questions like what is tyvek? Is it paper is it plastic what is it dad?
Once the ground sheet was done my oldest (11) says " Let's make a purse!"
So we made a Tyvek purse, pretty darn good on too I must admit. And then of course Decorations must be added!
So before Ken posts a move to another forum post ;). Why is this in gear?
Because kids love gear to their gear. Sometimes I spend so much time on my gear I loose time with my kids.
Tonight reminded me that they are watching and they are creative.
And if we want to pass on outdoor stewardship, a backpacking lifestyle and a love for the outdoors. We have to get them involved.
This is kids doing what we do, coming up with ideas for great gear, and building it. Improving it.
Where is the next Ron B. or Joe V? Or all the other great gear innovators and inventors?
Anyway I had fun working on GEAR with my kids! That may change when they discover Cuben Fiber…… :)
Just wanted to share this because it was just plain fun!

