Topic

New World Record Golden Trout caught in Wyoming.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara New World Record Golden Trout caught in Wyoming.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

What lake? What fly? What rod and reel? What socks did he wear? What was his pack weight?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Caught over a year ago.

This beautiful golden trout was caught by Rick Mickelsen on June 22. He caught the monster in Wyoming’s Golden Lake, using a nymph fly. It measured in at 54 cm and is currently undergoing the review process for all-tackle (length) world record. – See more at: http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/news/post/igfa-record-catches-golden-trout-slobbering-catfish-scalpel-sawtail#sthash.0bfTrJMF.dpuf

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Record smecord, how'd it taste?

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Wow! Most of the Goldens I catch would be bait.
    Duane

Jay Johnson

@itsjaywhatsupgmail-com

That is one awesome fish! I'll have to try and make a trip somewhere that has Golden Trout… I don't think we have any in Arizona

Tom Hadley
    BPL Member

@chiniak

Locale: New Hampshire

What!!! I was just there (Golden Lakes) last week (9/5-6), best I did was 20" :).

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Well boo hoo! Thomas. :) Little ole 20". An inch bigger than anything I have caught.
    Duane

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

confused by this 21-inch golden being a "new world record" i did some foogling…so heres an update for those like me who didnt know this…

It is basically a new, catch n release, "length" record…a new system that began in 2011.

"Beginning Jan. 1, 2011, IGFA will add a 100-percent release category to its world records section (www.igfa.org).

IGFA's All-Tackle Length Record category will make 60 freshwater and 67 saltwater species eligible for new world records while requiring that the fish be returned to the water alive after measurement.

"The new All-Tackle Length record category is another great means of recognizing angler achievement and also has a strong conservation message," said IGFA World Records Coordinator Jack Vitek. "While the IGFA does not require a fish to be killed for traditional weight category records, and many fish are indeed released alive, this is the first IGFA record category to adopt an all-release format."

from Wiki:
    The world record golden trout was caught by Charles S. Reed, on August 5, 1948, from Cook Lake in the Wind River Range. That fish was 28 in (70 cm) long and weighed 11.25 lb

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!