Topic

Can Osprey’s frame be bent?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
mik matra BPL Member
PostedSep 5, 2013 at 5:14 am

My mate bought the Osprey Atmos 50 and the external frame is digging into his hip. At full weight it is uncomfortable for him so he decided to bend it out of the way a little. But alas it is a very flexible material. I had a go too but it just springs back into the original place. I am not sure what it's made of but is there a way to bend the frame permanently?

Thanks for your help.

Mik.

Ito Jakuchu BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 12:12 am

It's an alloy frame, not carbon or something if I'm not mistaken.
If bending more globally doesn't work, have you tried the edge of a table or using pliers to bend more locally?

mik matra BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I am not sure what the frame is made of and would not have guessed alu as it is extremely springy. 2 pliers/multi grips in the one location is an option just wanted to make sure it wasn't carbon before I start bending away.

Nick Gatel BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm

That is what I hate about those solid tubular frames. Plus you really need to make the same exact bend on each side. With the mesh suspension you also need to keep an on the tension.

Diane Pinkers BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I had the same issue with a pack of mine (different producer). I took the frame out of the pack and gave it to my friendly neighborhood machinist, who bent it for me. Problem solved. Beer or espresso gift cards work.

PostedSep 6, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Why doesn't he just return it and get a pack that fits him?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...