Topic

Hexamid Solo and MLD Solomid Inner?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedSep 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Is it possible to mate these two components? I opted for the tarp version (with beak) because I like the flexibility of a tarp and bivy (a topic which has already been discussed plenty).

Since the solo size Hexanet isn't made anymore (only made for the Hexamid Solo-Plus), is it possible to fit the solomid inner from MLD in the Hexamid Solo? I don't own the inner, but am in the market for one. I looked and looked but I haven't really come across anyone who has tried it. If so, it would be awesome, as I could have a normal bivy for windy/wet conditions, a bug bivy for mild bug pressure, and the a pyramid style inner for heavy bug pressure.

The specs seem to match up. However, I'm not 100% on it. Has anybody experimented with this? Thanks for your help!

PostedSep 4, 2013 at 5:52 pm

send an email to Joe Valesko at zPacks…
there is a good chance he can make something to fit your needs..

Bill D

PostedSep 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Edited- I now see that you seem to already have the MLD inner. so my idea seems some what useless. Hope your search goes well. :)

PostedSep 4, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I actually saw your post before you edited it. The BearPaw Pyranet 1 modded for Hexamid Solo may be exactly what I'm looking for! I don't have the inner yet, but I do have the normal and bug bivy already.

I will also contact Joe and see if he can custom make a hexanet for my solo. I really do like that design with the super high cuben bathtub floor.

PostedSep 4, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I just picked up a Pyranet 1 with 10" side extensions on Gear Swap, very similar to hexanet. If you buy new the zpacks is about $10-15 less expensive. And it's bigger by 6" in L,W,H
Have you looked at the Pyranet? It might fit just fine in the original Hexamid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...