Topic

Cuben tarp/shelter for 1

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
PostedSep 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm

MLD Patrol Side Entry

An example of the Patrol/bug net combo with one corner lifted for easy entry.
This picture was taken just before placing my sleeping pad and sleeping bag.

I thought I was going to miss having the front type zipper or velcro of the Shangri-la, Spinnshelter and others, but I have adjusted to this method.

It is the same method I've used with flat tarps when pitched in storm mode modified A-frame pitches.

Peter S BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 4:42 am

Okay, been tumbling with the options in my head for the last day or so.

I've decided on the MLD Cuben Patrol Shelter.

Again, thank you all, for your help :-), especially the uploaded pictures, they say more than words.

The reason is because of the simplicity. Perfect for cowboy style camping, when planning for good weather, but should the sky open up, i know i can count on it's storm worthiness.

Now, who wants to buy a Terra Nova Solar Comp 1…

dirtbag BPL Member
PostedSep 6, 2013 at 8:43 am

Wise choice with the MLD Patrol Shelter..Patrol Shelter with BPD bug bivy

this is set up in my yard..I love all the options I have with it and how easy it is to set it up and break it down.

PostedSep 7, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Went from a HMG Echo I tarp/beak to a Zpacks Hexamid tarp. Not a fan of front entrance with the Echo I, a bit too narrow for bad weather, heavy for the space. Definitely preferred the Hexamid, fixed all the problems I had with an A frame style tarp, 1/3 of the weight compared to the HMG setup, only con was it took a bit more time to get taut.

After trying both setups, I found I'm not really a tarp/bivy person. The setup was too finicky for me and I prefer being in an enclosed shelter.

Knocked out with altitude sickness:
tarp

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
Loading...