Topic

Wild Things EP Half bag with DAS parka?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Wild Things EP Half bag with DAS parka?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a half bag such as the Wild Things EP halfbag. I am looking to lighten my overnight snowshoeing kit for next winter and the idea of using my Pata DAS parka with the EP Half bag and a bivy sack seems like a pretty solid system in some pretty cold temps.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Contact Wild Things customer service. They are pretty honest regarding the use of their gear and they don't give you the conservative REI answer.

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

Did you ever end up trying this Jonathan?

I'm pretty interested in a half bag idea, I like the way Wild things has almost made it into a up-to-the-shoulder bag, I think theres great potential for a summer system with one.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Hey Jon,
    I have not tried this yet. I went with a BMW Cocoon Pro 90 instead for its lighter weight versatility. When I finally do make it out for an overnighter this winter I will report back on how this works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools