Topic

Question for Adirondack paddlers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Question for Adirondack paddlers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I'm in the process of planning an Adirondack traverse by packraft/on foot for the last week in September.
    Has anyone paddled the Cedar River from Cedar Lake down to the Cedar Flow, and from Wakely dam down to the bridge near Sprague Pond?
    Looking for any beta on water levels, classification, and feasibility in September.
    Ike

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Ike,
    I haven't done the whole section, but some…Wakely dam, down the flow and into one of the other lakes, I forget the name. The channel between them was a bit trickey to find as I remember. The lower stretches were mostly boulder strewn, not passible by canoe…packraft? Well, not without a lot of work. I haven't done either section in many years, but it's the same old camp area, more or less. Some new fencing and concrete were added several years ago, by it's looks.

Water is higher than average. We got a LOT of rain this year. Somebody said over 100" already, but I am not sure I believe that. The average is less than half of that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools