Topic

Question for Adirondack paddlers

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ike Jutkowitz BPL Member
PostedSep 2, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I'm in the process of planning an Adirondack traverse by packraft/on foot for the last week in September.
Has anyone paddled the Cedar River from Cedar Lake down to the Cedar Flow, and from Wakely dam down to the bridge near Sprague Pond?
Looking for any beta on water levels, classification, and feasibility in September.
Ike

James Marco BPL Member
PostedSep 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Ike,
I haven't done the whole section, but some…Wakely dam, down the flow and into one of the other lakes, I forget the name. The channel between them was a bit trickey to find as I remember. The lower stretches were mostly boulder strewn, not passible by canoe…packraft? Well, not without a lot of work. I haven't done either section in many years, but it's the same old camp area, more or less. Some new fencing and concrete were added several years ago, by it's looks.

Water is higher than average. We got a LOT of rain this year. Somebody said over 100" already, but I am not sure I believe that. The average is less than half of that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...