Topic

Cricket inner in Duomid

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Jeff M. BPL Member
PostedSep 1, 2013 at 9:33 pm

How would a cricket inner fit in a duomid? Are the inner nets similar? Would a single duomid inner or pyranet 1 fit in the cricket?

Brian Johns BPL Member
PostedSep 1, 2013 at 10:16 pm

As I understand it, it works well with the Duomid. The difference is that the cricket inner has a 10" or so high solid fabric along the front side to deal with splash that might be experienced with the Cricket's open front side. Other than that, I think they are essentially the same. Probably a good choice, especially if you like to leave the doors of the duomid open/pulled back so that the front is more exposed to weather. Personally, I have a SMD serenity – older version – it's 7.5 oz. and a great fit for one, only an ounce heavier than my Borah Bivy, giving me a cooler and warmer weather inner option with my duomid. Though, in warmer weather, I typically just take the mid and a groundsheet.

Stephen Barber BPL Member
PostedSep 2, 2013 at 7:26 am

Brian is correct. Other than the low fabric barrier, the Cricket is identical to the MLD solo inner. It works just fine in the Duo.

514

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...